Monday, November 5, 2007

A Refugee

I think it is funny to be a refugee inside your homeland; I and my little family had needed for sponsor in order to get the acceptance for residence in Erbil.

I decided to give up working in red zones in Baghdad after 8 of my friends had been killed and other 8 seriously injured , when gunmen raided one of our company's offices. The victims were three women, a boy about 15 year-old was working as service labor as well as four engineers. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/29/international/middleeast/30iraqcnd.html?pagewanted=print

I lately understood why the manger of the company was absent at the moment of the accident, and why the owner of the company sent for his sisters who were working in that office to travel outside Iraq one week before the accident. Obviously, they were received a threat, and of course they were not ready to lose their interests because of a threat that may have not be serious.

Finally, I decided to be refugee in Kurdistan region waiting for getting an opportunity to be refugee outside Iraq.

2 comments:

Arash Daklan said...

hello I think it is a good blog
but don't wory about that. you are not alone.

Anonymous said...

Adnan,
Nice to see you that your letting the world know what's happening to average Iraqi families. It's a terrible tragedy that you had to leave your home in order to let your family be safe. Its always difficult to start a new life, but in these times tragedy makes adaptation easier. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.